Monday, August 11, 2008

I was thinking the other day I needed to start reflecting on the craziness of life. It might help me slow down to smell the roses. You know, actually enjoy the small stuff. So this blog begins as a reflection on life. I never stop and think, I just react and then usually insert foot or cry. Let me share with you a perfect example a recent moment where I did not stop and think.

It was a beautiful day at Pine Lake. The water was as pristine as it gets (ha! ha!). I am not scared of water, I have never been scared of water. This day would be no different, just a normal 30 foot jump into water. I may not be scared of water, but I am scared to death of heights. So I stand at the brink of the abyss and I jump. This is the moment that I realized I really should have thought about this first.

Kory says He could tell it was me jumping because my arms and legs were just spinning in circles. He always recognizes me when I do something stupid.

After falling forever I hit the water in a way that did not at all look like the stick figure picture at the top of the jump. To be exact that stick figure sign shows him hitting the water body straight with arms tucked in to "avoid injury". My arms were straight out trying to stop me in mid air (hey, it could be possible) and my body looked like a contortionists dream. I stopped alright, just after my arms smacked the wall of water.

I came up feeling some victory over the 30 foot jump but I will never be the same. My shoulder has twinged since as if to remind me to stop and think. That swimsuit has never fit me the same either, if you know what I mean.

I have many of these kind of injuries yet I still for get to think. Someday when I am 100 and crippled from my own stupidity, I will do it, I will take a moment to stop and think.

4 comments:

Abby said...

You may not have stopped to think, but you DID jump from 30 feet up...I have to say (knowing you my entire life) that is an accomplishment in itself. You have always been a risk taker, which is an amazing quality that some...incuding me...do not possess!!

Abby

Mandy said...

See that's what you get for years of making fun of me falling at the pit. For some reason your mind truly thinks the flailing arms can save you!

Nice to see you blog. I have one too although I do not update it very often you can get to it from my name link.

Mandy said...

Oh and we have the exact same back ground and colors for our blogs....how funny is that.

Shannon said...

Welcome to blog land! Glad to have another blog to stalk.